Monday, October 09, 2006

Eve's Evil Spawn




Okay, I actually don't know what to say about this picture. It looks like Children of the Damned relaxing before work. I picked it because it seemed to have an apple in it. God knows I like themes and consistency and God also knows I don't like going back and re-doing something, so it's going to stay.

I am relishing and enjoying every moment of this Columbus Day. Monday is one of my hardest days in the school week, so I LOVE being home and shuffling around in my Julia Child housecoat. Har har. I'm far too glamorous for the likes of that. Shuffling around in my hiphugger pants that won't stay up. Nine pounds to go for High School Weight. Remember, there will be an immense celebration here on that day, although it probably won't happen for another 8 weeks or so.

I am working on a "pitch" paragraph for V. It's more complicated than you might think. Geesh, I used to be better at this, I think. I can write the book, but I now falter on the description of it and the title. YOU CAN'T STAY FOR CHRISTMAS is my latest favorite since my last few were rejected. We'll see how that one goes over.

Forgot to mention this lately, but at Hanna-Hanna-Hannaford's, they are now ASKING CUSTOMERS HOW THEY ARE. "How are you today?" they ask. I nearly fainted the first time. DO YOU REALLY CARE? But it doesn't matter if they care. They should ask me that, as long as they don't peer into my cart and comment on it as the items are presented. They still don't say "thank you," though. I'm a beaten woman.

I have graded every paper in the building. I am awesome.

Be Here Now, everybody.

love,
becky



counter free hit unique web

2 Comments:

At 12:37 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oh dear - they must have come on reconnaissance to NZ and heard all our check-out chicks asking customers "How ar you today?"(They are trained to ask each customer two questions apparantly.) I try not to be too ungracious and surly in my replies ...just get on with the damn packing why don't you? (I'm sure they never notice what state I'm in.)

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

When I went to H's a couple days ago I remember noticing that the clerk greeted me, which you've attuned me to a little, but I failed to notice what happened at the end. Must've said something as he handed me the change, but couldn't say if it was a thank-you or not.

Mostly, though, I was mullling over how different this American supermarket was to the town market I'd been to last week in France (yes, off globe-trotting again! Second time in Europe this year, but also only the third time this decade). Anyway the old-worldy market was scary to me -- lots of things I know nothing about, and frightening sights like chickens that were normal looking from a distance except up close you noticed that their heads and feet were still attached (yikes!). And there were also rabbits avec tĂȘte, aussi. I'd have no idea what to do with either.

I'm left feeling like we're soft over here, with our plastic-wrapped-everything, yet I have no desire to do anything about it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home