Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Writing Ideas

I'm still more or less floundering around on my next project. Yesterday I wrote the start of something which I liked, but I think now I only liked the opening scene, where a man comes to the door of a woman's house to beg her to come back to him but she is busy gathering items for toxic waste day at the dump.

Romance-ey.

Then I started one thing with the words, "This is a pretty sad story, especially since I am mostly a cheerful person."

Brother. I don't think readers are storming the bookstores for things like that. HEY!! I'M DYING TO READ A DOWNBEAT SAD STORY. YA GOT ANYTHING?

Maybe I'm just not in the mood.

I'll tell you when the ideas will attack me. Right when I don't have the time to deal with them.

I have my rabbit story. It's pretty funny too, about a rabbit in a pet store who doesn't want to get sold. But somehow I don't think I could sustain a novel-length narrative about that one.

I love Louise Wener, author of GOODNIGHT STEVE MCQUEEN, which had me laughing helplessly. I want to write a book like that. YEAH OKAY, GO AHEAD. BOOT UP YOUR WORD DOCUMENT, GIRL, AND START.

All right, then, I will.

Back later.
Life is a Cabaret,
becky





counter free hit unique web

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM , Blogger Robin L. said...

Becky - I found your blog via Agent Kristin. I wanted to let you know that I orderd Coupon Girl after reading your query on Kristin's blog and just finished it. I loved it! I'm sure you'll come up with something great for the next project, too. :)

And hey - Romancey isn't all bad - I could have used a little more of Lenny. ;) LOL!

Good luck with your project!!

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, robin 1,

I will think about that seriously.

becky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home