Sunday, August 13, 2006

What's Made Me Laugh?

Not too many laughs lately.

However, last week in Arkansas, my brother and s-i-l and I got hysterical over a car ad. It's for Buick, I think, and it says "a breath of fresh air in a world gone mad." A WORLD GONE MAD. I don't know--it seems a little over the top for Buick. You had to be there.

We were also reading about the steroid guy in the bicycle race, don't ask me what his name is, I can't keep up with that stuff. But evidently other track stars have come up with creative excuses for high testosterone in their bodies. One said he had had repeated sex with his wife the night before a race and maybe that was why his levels were elevated. Yeah, okay. Rut away, baby. That could be why testosterone was DEPLETED, don't we think?

And then there was this recent exchange I had with someone I knew well. The first speaker is me.

"Hey. I'm going to tell you something about myself that you don't know."

"Something important?"

"Well, distinctive. It sets me apart. You will be impressed."

"What is it?"

"The last time I ever threw up was St. Patrick's Day 1969. Isn't that cool?"

"How is it cool?"

"Because I never barf. Isn't that unusual?"

"Thanks for sharing."

"When was the last time you threw up?"

"Page two of COupon Girl."

Hardy har.

Oh and one last one. DRiving along a seedy section of downtown Hot Springs, Ark, this sign was seen:

STRIP KARAOKE

Now there's a concept.

A bientot
becky


counter free hit unique web

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

thanks dermot--

b

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Your sense of humour rocks!
Strip Kareoke - yes well ... the mind boggles ... How can you, with one hand needed to hold the microphone?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home