Monday, July 17, 2006

Victory

It's done for now. I say for now because it's out with three readers and based on their input, I may or may not have more work to do. It came in at 85,111 words. I think that is about where COUPON GIRL was too. Weird, those word counts.

But I'm satisfied with it. I'm excited by it.

And just when you feel excited, that's when you have to start something new or you will go crazy. It has many hurdles to go through before seeing the light of day.

But today I am celebrating. Over there is the big sheet cake I promised. It's not just any sheet cake either. It has three layers with whipped cream in between. One layer is chocolate with hot fudge twirled through it. The other two are white--and the frosting is deep dark chocolate with raspberry sauce lettering: VICTORY.

Please help yourself.

I just realized that for all intents and purposes I started this diet at the same time I started the book. Total weight loss--23.5 pounds. My knees don't bother me (though that could be because I'm not teaching).

So I'm proud of that too.

Now if I could only clean the house.

Vive le Windex,
becky

7 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

That's fantastic news!!!

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Martha!!!

b

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Félicitations!

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Congratulations! Mmmm loved that cake!
I have been catching up on your blogs. Sorry to hear about your Mum.
I laughed at your descrptions of your Mum and Dad's home and their saving ways.
I laughed at your comments about men's trousers ...
I too love Jeff Buckley's 'Hallelujah'. it's good to be sad every so often (I haven't heard Billy Joel's song tho - will have to look it up.)
Great to be reading your blogs again.
My 'Coupon Girl' hasn't arrived yet - I am waiting for its arrival with much anticipation.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, you guys!!!!

Sandman, do I know you?

b

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

No, we haven't met.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Can.

b
By the way, I got my U of I alumni mag today. My name was in it, praise the lord. They must have been wrong about my graduating class, haha.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home