Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Living the Dream

Today would have been the day I started my summer course, so I have to appreciate yet again that I am not working. Yaaaay!!! I will be very refreshed when it comes time to stand in front of a class in September. Good thing too, since I am teaching six sections of exactly the same thing. However, it will be confusing as all hell since two sections are one hour, two sections are an hour and fifteen minutes, and two sections are an hour and a half. I remember last fall when this one woman in class would always say, "we already did this." God. She kept me honest. I'd just as soon do the same handout twenty five different times.

I got a new book of anacrostic puzzles and can't wait to start in. I still haven't quite finished my crosswords. Talk about getting my money's worth--I bought those babies last Thanksgiving before my trip to Arkansas and I still have them. Anacrostics are far superior to crosswords, but when in a pinch I will do them. ISN'T THIS FASCINATING?

I downloaded a song!!!! It's Billy Joel's "And So It Goes." It's incredibly sad and I've always loved it. We optimists every now and then like to weep our eyes out at some tearjerk thing or other. I had a physical today and the doctor stuck his head in and said, "I have a med student with me. Is that okay?" What could I say? WELL, IS HE CUTE? Geez.

Finishing up the formatting of Victory and that will be that. I will make a big announcement here and serve cake. Don't miss it.

A bientot

3 Comments:

At 3:30 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Looking forward to eating some of that cake!

 
At 1:42 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

That's a beautifully sad song.

Have you heard "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley?

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Yes, I have sandman1. It's wonderful.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home