Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lost Day

I am goofing off big time.

I heard two days ago that my summer course is cancelled, so maybe that accounts for it. Deadlines and commitments seem hazy now, sorry to say. I am still bogged down in last chapter of Victory, though I'm thinking it will probably NOT be the last chapter after all. Good grief.

I actually did some housework, swept the back porch, polished my silver tea service (now THERE'S a useless task), and would have vacuumed if the vacuum cleaner wasn't broken.

Hot and humid here in New England with intermittent weird showers and power failures. You can't flush here when the power goes out and I have always said it gives everyone an immediate laxative effect. Heading off to Burger King to use the bathroom has been many a night's activity in the past.

I'm reading my friend Gail Stockwell's manuscript for DAVID AND MAX. It's powerful and very well written. Coming out in October.

A bientot
becky

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Are you happy your Course is cancelled - good news bad news? Money-wise not so good? Hope you can compensate with some great writing time - but goofing off's legit too! :)

 
At 7:33 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You've nailed it, Chief. Financially not good, but I'll be Living the Dream a little longer.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home