Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lazy

I'm plodding along on this ending now. I'm distracted and can't concentrate. Isn't it funny how we can get a huge task done in a short time but can't get it done in a longer time? That's me, in a nutshell.

I'm enjoying my new roof. I can look out the window right now and see its lovely sort of checkered pattern and revel in knowing I don't have to fear a rainstorm. If you've never lived in fear of rain, you won't be able to relate.

Squirrels and hail. Did I ever guess they would be my nemeses? Is that correct--nemeses? Sounds like something medical. She broke her nemeses and was never the same.

Did you know that rhododendrons are in the same family as azaleas? I really can't concentrate at all.

mes skis neufs,
becky

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Squirrels and hail - that sounds like a great combination somehow ... Hope your ending works out, I'm sure it will - all will be revealed at the right time - just a shame you have to be there and on-track for it to happen; the grafting has to be done by you, no-one else can do it, the ending will not reveal itself to anyone else but its creator - bummer that!!
I'm glad you have your father still with you, but sad he's not up to the same standard. My lovely Dad (your description of your dad sounds a little like mine) died at 48, so he's always been that age to me - now I'm older than my father! Now that's a weird feeling.

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Chief--my dad was able to sit next to me at a booksigning in Little Rock last month. About all he said was, "I didn't know your friends were so old!" He hasn't lost his wit. He's 90. Sorry you lost yours so early.
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home