Wednesday, June 14, 2006

bludgeoning

As in I'm bludgeoning my way through this thing. Victory, that is, although yesterday someone gave me a suggestion for another title: Hot Times at Victory Market.

Is that good?

Although I sort of wanted the fact that Victory refers to a grocery store to be a surprise when the reader starts reading. So that brings me back to plain Victory again. AAAAAAAARGH.

Anyway, I have seen the ending. Hallelujah!!!! Tra la!!! It lay clear in front of me and I am following its shiny path. Well okay, I was following it until the plan fell apart on the first page. But I think I have fixed that problem.

I have three pov's so they have to go in order: Old lady, professor, young girl, old lady, professor, young girl. Etc. I think I have a fiendishly clever way to end it, but we'll see.

When I'm actually writing, I hate being reminded of rules for writing. Only do this. Never do that. Blah blah blah. Those things scare me and make me hesitant and timid, which never helps. SO THE HELL WITH IT. I'M GOING DOWN MY OWN ROAD, NOT STEPHEN KING'S OR ANNE LAMOTT'S OR ANYBODY ELSE'S.

That felt good.

b

2 Comments:

At 3:16 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Rules are made to be broken! Thanks for updates I find it faskinating! 'Victory' is the best title ... stick with it! :)

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hmmmm, Thrill of Victory. Interesting.

Thanks, frankie.

Thanks for your input too, Chief.
I am GWI (gripped with indecision)
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home