Tuesday, May 23, 2006

VW DAY at long last

BIG BIG NEWS: Today is VW DAY--remember? The day that my weight is the same as my wip. I'm getting there--on both counts.

I did my first book club last night and it was great fun. They couldn't have been nicer, especially since the last book they did was Doris Kearns Goodwin's Abraham Lincoln. If anyone was appalled by the contrast, they kept quiet about it.

I guess the new roof looks okay, though there is some kind of phone wire stretched taut outside one window that wasn't there before. I think the squirrels are making calls.

My two suitcases from previous trip are splayed all over the upstairs hallway, causing me to trip and fall whenever I go into the bathroom. But what's the point of unpacking them if I am traveling out again on Saturday? Although I hear that the dress code at this place is junk wear 24/7 and I'm thrilled. Perhaps I will unpack my chi-chi duds and leave the rest.

My friend and I refer to an outfit or article of clothing that could easily be stained as a "burrito" outfit, as in you're bound to sit on a burrito as soon as you wear it. I don't buy too many burrito things, but my new white pants definitely qualify. They may get left home. Then again what am I saving them for?

I am famous for attracting stains. I'm like a version of that famous Irish saying--may the food rise up to greet you on all your travels.

It's really fun when you look in the mirror and realize that the last two hours you have been walking around with something gross on your collar. Or on your nose. And you can't exactly retrace your steps--HEY REMEMBER A FEW MINUTES AGO, THAT THING ON MY NOSE? IT WAS A LITTLE PIECE OF A RAISIN, THAT'S ALL. I HATE RAISINS REALLY, SO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE. BUT IT WASN'T ANYTHING YOU KNOW, LIKE WELL, YOU KNOW. See, this is the real difference between men and women. Men can say "booger" with impunity. Women hang back.

I can't say that's a bad thing.


La plume de ma tante est sur la table.
becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home