Thursday, May 18, 2006

On The Beach

There are many things to tell.

First off, the whole thing sucks.

I wouldn't want to say that to just anyone (so I'm putting it on a more or less public blog...). But it does. More later when I get back.

I love being on the beach, though. The first thing I did when I got here was open the slider so I could hear the ocean sounds. They are so restful and great. Earlier today I was dozing (avoiding the conference) and I heard this odd squeaking sound. Is that the alarm clock, I thought? I finally decided it was somebody using a shower somewhere that squeaked. A few minutes later as I relaxed, a large bird flew up from under the bed and out the window. Very Pentecostal.

I walked across the street after that experience and bought a cheap bathing suit, a hat, and a Daytona Beach beach towel, and went out and romped in the ocean. Define romp, you might say. Well, I more or less stood there and let the waves try to knock me over. They about did.

Oh, that reminds me. Arkansas joke (I came here from there, remember):

Arkansas state trooper: You got any ID?
Arkansas farmer: 'Bout what?

Wearing lots of black. About to attend a vampire dinner. I kid you not. Menu items may or may not include very rare meat. Tomorrow night I go out with my agent and that at least will be fun.

I am in the "business center" of the hotel at this moment surrounded by important looking men on cell phones. If they only knew.

A bientot
becky

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

This is great reading! So funny!
Have fun on the beach and can't wait to hear just what sucked! My guess is it has something to do with people who aren't genuine as I am picking you are a genuine kinda gal and can't stand pretension.
And hey! I got the Arkansas joke even tho' I'm a foreigner! :)
I bet you looked very vampish in your black dress - or should that be vampireish!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home