Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm Off

I'm posting late at night following the second booksigning event of my life. It was even better than the first one, if that is possible. I feel perhaps like any first-time author after an event, loved and cherished, undeserving yet hopeful. That's me. I don't think John Grisham could feel any better than I do tonight. Yo, John! Did you ever forget your bookmarks at home? I did.

I stood with my daughter and her friend and they both said they didn't want to get a book tonight (good thing because we sold out again!)--they wanted to walk into a bookstore cold and buy my book.

I love that.

Pick a snotty bookstore, I said, and they agreed. Pick one that couldn't possibly have my book in it. Walk in and buy it if they have it. It will probably be back behind the exterminator how-tos. Ask for it if you don't see it. COUPON GIRL? Oh, I don't know. I think we're getting it next week. OH YEAH? WELL, REDUCE YOUR ORDER FOR DAVINCI CODE BY ONE AND ORDER COUPON GIRL FOR ME!!!!! Power to the people.

Everyone laughed at my jokes, asked me to sign their books, made me feel gargantuan [no diet jokes though there could be].

Think about it--plain joy. That's what I am feeling. It doesn't last, we all know that. I read a review online today about my book that complained it didn't have a happy ending. But--okay I'm bragging--big time bragging and I apologize--it said it might have been the funniest book this person ever read.

Well, maybe that person doesn't get out much. Hey, I can relate. I don't get out either. But I am a happy camper tonight. Off to Arkansas in the early a.m.

Watch me on KATV 8-9am. Pick me over Power Rangers.

A bientot
becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home