Monday, April 17, 2006

Patriot's Day

Ah, nothing like a little boondoggle on the state's nickel. Patriot's Day. We're celebrating the Freedom Trail, the midnight ride of Paul Revere,the Shot Heard Round the World That Killed Three People on the T. We're not sure, really. If it means I don't have to work, it means I don't have to spend almost three dollars a gallon for gas. THAT is going to bring me down eventually.

I attended Easter services at Hannaford's. Still no "thank you"s.

Good Red Sox win today. I'm not paying attention them yet, although the new pitcher from Florida looks quite good. Beckett? I wonder what it's like to have your whole life, your career, your income, the people who like you or don't like you, depend on how hard you can throw a ball. It seems rash. Sort of like the New Hampshire license plate--Live Free or Die. Now that IS rash.

I went to the mall today and saw a store called hollister???? It was dark inside and all the display tables were lit by overhead spotlights. Very CSI. Maybe you buy by size and/or DNA configuration. I was definitely not cool enough to walk inside so I didn't. I walked through J. Jill and marveled at how froufrou everything was. And expensive. I also walked through Filene's/Macy's (signage hasn't changed yet so I'm still clinging desperately) and marveled how everything is so casual. It used to be women wore dresses or at least pantsuits. Now they wear "activewear" which is code for "sweatpants."

I bought a pair of shoes. That's rather shocking for me. Don't ever look at my feet. You'll be disappointed.

A bientot

4 Comments:

At 12:36 AM , Blogger Julie Kibler said...

What's Hannaford's?

I went to Boston last fall and loved it...my favorite vacation in I don't know how many years! Your post today brought back some happy memories. Not sure where you are, but several of the things you mentioned made me think of Boston. There is so much to do in that place. And you can walk there. My husband and I tried to drive to a concert at the Somerville Theatre one night and missed the first half of the concert looking for a parking place. Bad idea! :)
And, ah...Whoopie Pies! But, they got nothin' on my grandma's.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hannaford's is a grocery chain that bought out the old grocery chain where I used to shop, the name of which (Victory) I'm using for my wip--and hoping I don't get sued.
becky

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hi Becky - I have enjoyed catching up with your blogs since coming back from my short break away. Sounds like an exciting event ahead - a book signing! Congrats. Enjoyed hearing your various slants on the shops in your local area - sounds similar to my view of shops and shoes I must say. :)

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Chief and Julie. I'm not a good shopper.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home