Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The grass actually looks green now. Real green, kelly green, not just spearmint wintergreen. I saw my first dandelion too. Guess where? In my yard, of course. I still see black scarecrow trees out my window but in Worcester they are in full early bud. My favorite week of the year is last week of May, first week of June, when everything is that bright shiny green. Say what you want about fall, but spring is best. I love it when the white tent is up in the high school football field. Just looking at it and imagining the graduates can make me tear up. I think maybe I need to get a grip.

"April is the cruelest month."

"It was an uncertain spring."

"Whan that April with his showres soote...."

Okay, that's about my full knowledge of springtime Aprilish quotes. I wonder how far it would get me on Jeopardy.

I'm writing a little piece for Backstory, one of MJ Rose's blogs about authors and their books. I've written the first paragraph about six times. It's trickier than I thought it would be. It's very strange to see coverage about myself, but here is the lovely article written by Jennifer Lord in the Metrowest Daily News:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/artsCulture/view.bg?articleid=128095

OH TRA LA, TRA LA. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME

This makes me want to launch into a sincere discussion of the USA Patriot Act so that I don't have to discuss ME. Or a venomous diatribe toward Hanna--Hanna--[choke]--I can't quite say it, but Hanna---but that's about ME too.

Since I'm wallowing in self topics, I might as well report I had a very small weight loss this week, but I'm still plowing ahead. Total loss since Jan 17-----14.5 pounds. Not one person has noticed. You can't really tell ten pounds on a person, gained or lost. I know this. I know this. I know this.

For those who don't know, my book COUPON GIRL is in many stores right now (ME ME ME) and is supposed to be available next week (ME ME ME) but I think it is this week (ME ME ME). My wip is Victory and stands at 61,000 words. It's my grocery store book.

Next time we'll discuss my eight grade reports and high school report cards, then my dreams. Bring the Freud book!!

A bientot

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks for that - I can go buy your book now! RYN: My poetry book's on Amazon but if I tell you title etc here I blow my cover! :) Maybe I can email you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home