Sunday, March 19, 2006

Werewolves

Today I attended a meeting of the New England chapter of Romance Writers of America. I feel like a fraud attending because my books don't have much romance in them. In fact, after lengthy analysis, I'm worried that this is a problem.

Anyway, we listened to each other's "pitch" sessions, when you have a certain short length of time to impress an agent or an editor. The first one we listened to was about werewolves and I think it was pretty good, but I don't know my shape shifters the way I should. I had never done this before and tried to "pitch" Victory instead of CG. I figured what the heck, CG is already sold and doesn't need pitching. The three people who listened said it sounded good (women tend to be polite) but then said the title didn't do anything for them.

They're right. VICTORY sounds like VICTORY AT SEA or some war novel. What can I call it? They said VICTORY MARKET sounded better. I wonder if I would get sued for that one. It's a fictitious town, but of course based on a real one.

JAWS OF VICTORY
THE OPTIMISTIC MAILBOX (one of the plot lines involves a mailbox)
VICTORY GIRLS
VICTORY UP THE STREET
VICTORY AROUND THE CORNER

I don't think any of these are good. HELP!!!

I'm having my favorite salmon dinner tonight. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Fingers crossed, mes amies.

A bientot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home