Thursday, March 23, 2006

Feel the Love

I am really enjoying my classes right now. That's the sad thing about teaching--you get comfortable with the students and they get comfortable with you and then it's over and you never see them again. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I WANT to see them again, but this friendly little cocoon is enjoyable while it lasts. I haven't had a bad asshole for a long time. Next fall I'm teaching 101 at one of my schools, so that could change. English 101 students in the fall are right out of high school and some are inevitable slackers who are in college because their parents are forcing them, or whatever.

I went over 44,000 words today on VICTORY. I'm still looking for a new name, so if anyone has a suggestion, let me know. The story is about three generations of women who shop at the same grocery (Victory Market). Actually, one works there as well as shops there. Integrity Market? No, I don't think so. What could a grocery be named? Certainly not Hannaford's. Ugh. They seem to have a new crop of non-thank-you-sayers in there just now and some teenage boys instead of girls for a change. Let's see if it makes a difference.

I have some social outings coming up soon so the diet will be challenged. Total loss from Jan. 17 -- 10.5 pounds. I'm still doing South Beach because it's the only thing that has worked even slightly. I have no choice but to keep going.

A bientot
b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home