Sunday, January 08, 2006

Taking Down the Tree

Putting up the tree is so much more fun than taking it down. I've been using the same tissue paper for decades and actually, it gets softer and nicer with age, I find.

THINGS THAT GET NICER WITH AGE
1) Tissue paper
2) Scotch (I guess, though I loathe it)

THINGS THAT GET WORSE WITH AGE
1) Everything else except tissue paper and scotch

I went to Hannaford's today for two reasons. One, when it snows, I don't like the bowling alley parking lot at Stop and Shit, and two, I'm basing my new book sort of kind of on Hannaford's. I desperately need to interview a person who works at a grocery. I have a million questions. What are the security systems there? How do they protect against inventory loss? Gosh, it sounds like I'm writing a grocery crime drama. I am, in a way. I have two characters that I like and the third one I may dump. She doesn't seem real to me yet, which is funny because she's an English instructor at a college and has more in common with me than either of the other two.

One more free week, although it's already filling up. Plus I'm going to the Cape next weekend, yaay!!!! Already planning to eat at Betsy's Diner and trying to decide what I should have. Chocolate chip pancakes may get the nod.

Also this week I have to line up two bookstores for signings in May. Maybe I'll tell them I wrote THE HISTORIAN.

A bientot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home