Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sated

That's right, satisfied and full. A full three days worth of calories in one meal, thanks to the Aegean in Watertown, home of the original dead-end parking lot. Just drive in and enter total existential gridlock. Nowhere to park, no room to turn around, no hope for the future. Just you and the car in front of you and the car behind you. Everyone is stuck. I adore their lemony roasted potatoes. My daughter-in-law was taken aback by their somewhat sharp flavor, but me, I loves them with all my heart.

I promised, of course, not to post any more about, well, you know. Hannaford's. But I have to. Last week I was looking for Yoplait chocolate mousse Whips, my fave, and of course they were almost out. I had to reach WAAAAAAAY back on the top shelf and you know what that's like. You have to turn to the side in order to get your arm to reach back as far as possible. Meanwhile, there is a big sullen young dude, dairy worker I guess, standing there stocking or pricing or trying to look busy. While I grapple and grunt at my task, he stands silently. Eventually, I can't reach far enough any more and I am forced to put a foot up on the display case so I can actually stand up on the shelf and get my chocolate mousse Whips.

"Guess I'm going to have to stand up here," I say as I hoist my middle-aged limbs up three feet from the floor.

Guess what he said?

Can you?

Yes of course. We all KNOW what he said. NOTHING. NADA. Because let's all say it together, boys and girls, HE WORKS AT HANNAFORD'S AND THEY ARE ALL BASTARDS.

Okay, I'm done. I wasn't going to report on this, but a conversation I had at dinner has persuaded me.

My readers deserve the truth.

au wiedersehn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home